Fisker, the California-based automaker, is set to launch its new sub-$30,000 Fisker Pear EV in July 2025 in Ohio. The company believes that the Pear will redefine its segment as an affordable electric vehicle. One of the standout features of the Pear is its innovative digital see-through A-pillar, designed to improve visibility and safety.
Instead of traditional A-pillars that can obstruct the driver’s view, the Fisker Pear’s A-pillar will utilize a surround-view camera setup. This system captures live images of areas that may be obscured by the A-pillar when making left turns and displays them on an interior screen. With this feature, drivers will have a clear and unobstructed view of their surroundings, leading to improved safety on the road.
While Fisker has not released any images or videos demonstrating this feature, they have announced that it will be showcased on a production-intent model at their flagship Lounge at The Grove in Los Angeles. From November 18 to November 26, the public will have the opportunity to catch a glimpse of the Pear and the prototype of the Alaska pickup.
In addition to the see-through A-pillar, the Fisker Pear will also incorporate the company’s new Cockpit Compute system. This system, developed in-house and part of the proprietary Fisker Blade computer, ensures that Fisker maintains full control over the software code. The Blade computer boasts impressive computing power, delivering up to 6.2 teraflops. It seamlessly connects with the car’s sensors and electronic components through a multi-gigabit internal Ethernet connection, ensuring optimal performance.
The Fisker Pear will be available with two battery pack options, allowing for an estimated driving range of either 180 miles or 320 miles. The base models will feature a single rear-mounted electric motor, while higher trim levels will offer a dual-motor all-wheel drive setup. Inside, the Pear can be configured with either a five- or six-seat layout, providing versatility and flexibility for passengers.
With its affordable price point and innovative features, the Fisker Pear EV is set to make a significant impact in the electric vehicle market when it launches in 2025.
- When will the Fisker Pear EV go into production?
- The Fisker Pear EV is scheduled to go into production in July 2025.
- What is the standout feature of the Pear EV?
- The Pear EV will feature a digital see-through A-pillar, improving visibility and safety.
- What is the starting price of the Fisker Pear EV?
- The starting price of the Fisker Pear EV is $29,900 before incentives.
- What battery pack options will be available for the Pear EV?
- The Pear EV will offer two battery pack options, enabling an estimated driving range of either 180 miles or 320 miles.