Honda is set to make a bold move with its new-generation Accord, which will arrive in Australia in the second quarter of this year. Breaking away from tradition, the 2024 Honda Accord will be offered exclusively as a hybrid model. This shift in strategy reflects Honda’s commitment to embracing innovative technologies and meeting the evolving demands of the market.
While details regarding pricing and equipment levels are yet to be announced, it is expected that the new Accord will be available in a single, highly specified model. Customers will have the option to choose from a range of elegant colors, including Platinum White, Lunar Silver, Meteoroid Grey, and Crystal Black.
Honda’s decision to go hybrid-only for the Accord aligns with the Japanese market, where the Australian-spec Accord will be produced. The upcoming Accord will feature the same advanced e:HEV technology found in the Honda CR-V e:HEV RS. This hybrid powertrain combines a 2.0-liter four-cylinder petrol engine with two electric motors, resulting in a dynamic blend of performance and efficiency.
Not only will the new Accord be bigger and sleeker than its predecessor, but it will also introduce a significant technological upgrade for Australian customers. It will be the first Honda model in Australia to offer built-in Google integration, providing a seamless and connected driving experience.
While specific market information and technical details will be released closer to the launch, there is no doubt that the new hybrid-only Honda Accord will make a lasting impression in the mid-size sedan segment. With its premium feel, cutting-edge technology, and powerful e:HEV powertrain, the all-new Accord is expected to redefine customer expectations and showcase Honda’s dedication to pushing the boundaries of automotive innovation.
Honda’s new-generation Accord:
– The 2024 Honda Accord will be offered exclusively as a hybrid model in Australia in the second quarter of this year.
– Honda’s shift to a hybrid-only Accord reflects their commitment to embracing innovative technologies and meeting market demands.
– The new Accord is expected to be available in a single, highly specified model with various color options.
– The Accord will feature advanced e:HEV technology, combining a 2.0-liter petrol engine with two electric motors for performance and efficiency.
– It will be bigger, sleeker, and introduce built-in Google integration, a first for Honda in Australia.
– The specific pricing, equipment levels, and technical details will be announced closer to the launch.
– Hybrid model: A vehicle that combines both a conventional combustion engine and an electric motor to reduce fuel consumption and emissions.
– e:HEV technology: Honda’s hybrid technology, which combines a petrol engine and electric motors for enhanced performance and efficiency.
– Google integration: The integration of Google’s services and features into a vehicle’s infotainment system, enabling seamless connectivity.