Summary: Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has requested Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, to build a Tesla factory in Turkey. Erdogan expressed that Turkey is among the top candidates for Tesla’s next factory location. Elon Musk responded by acknowledging that many Turkish suppliers are already working with Tesla. The request was made during a meeting between Erdogan and Musk at the Turkish House in New York. During their conversation, Erdogan also expressed interest in collaborating with Musk’s SpaceX on artificial intelligence and the satellite internet venture, Starlink. Musk expressed SpaceX’s desire to work with Turkish authorities to obtain the necessary license for offering Starlink satellite services in Turkey. Erdogan also extended an invitation to Musk to attend the Turkish aerospace and technology festival, Teknofest, in Izmir at the end of September.
According to the article, Tesla currently has six factories worldwide and is in the process of building their seventh factory in Mexico. Elon Musk stated that the location for their next factory would likely be announced by the end of this year. Additionally, it was mentioned that Musk had acquired X (formerly known as Twitter) for $44 billion in 2022. Although Musk describes himself as a supporter of free speech, he has complied with censorship demands made by the Turkish government on his platform.
Sources: Hindustan Times, Turkish House in New York, Anadolu news agency.
– Recep Tayyip Erdogan: The president of Turkey.
– Elon Musk: The CEO of Tesla and SpaceX.
– Tesla: An electric vehicle and clean energy company founded by Elon Musk.
– SpaceX: A private aerospace manufacturer and space transportation company founded by Elon Musk.
– Starlink: A satellite internet constellation being constructed by SpaceX to provide global broadband coverage.
– Elon Musk is also scheduled to meet Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu in California. They plan to discuss artificial intelligence technology.
– The Turkish aerospace and technology festival, Teknofest, is set to take place in Izmir at the end of September.
– Turkey’s communication directorate reported the request made by Erdogan to Elon Musk regarding the Tesla factory in Turkey.
– Tesla’s global expansion plans include the establishment of factories in different countries to meet the demand for electric vehicles.