German automaker Porsche has revealed the facelifted 2024 Porsche Taycan electric performance car, boasting more power and improved features. While prices have increased, the upgraded Taycan offers a more exhilarating driving experience.
The facelifted Taycan retains its core model range, featuring sedan and shooting brake body styles. All models now come equipped with adaptive air suspension, denser and lighter battery packs, and upgraded digital screens inside the cabin. Apple CarPlay has been integrated more deeply into the vehicle displays, and in-car video streaming enables owners to watch TV shows and movies when the car is stationary. A wireless smartphone charging tray has also been added to enhance convenience.
The exterior design of the 2024 Taycan has been refined with an aerodynamic facelift, including new front wings and flatter headlights. The rear LED light bar now features a three-dimensional glass look, with a new Turbonite hero color available for Turbo and Turbo S models.
The most significant upgrades can be seen under the hood. The top-tier Taycan Turbo S now boasts a remarkable 700kW of power, enabling it to accelerate from 0-100km/h in just 2.4 seconds. The entry-level Taycan also receives a substantial power boost of 60kW, allowing it to reach 0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds. Additionally, charging times have been significantly reduced, with the new 105kWh battery reaching an 80 percent state of charge in just 18 minutes.
Porsche Taycan product manager Kevin Giek stated, “The heavily revised Taycan reaches new heights in terms of performance, with exceptional driving dynamics and driving pleasure, while significantly improving efficiency, range, day-to-day usability, and comfort.”
The upgraded 2024 Porsche Taycan is set to arrive in showrooms by mid-2024, offering car enthusiasts an electrifying driving experience.
1. What are the main features of the 2024 Porsche Taycan?
– The facelifted Taycan comes with adaptive air suspension, improved battery packs, upgraded digital screens, integrated Apple CarPlay, in-car video streaming, and a wireless smartphone charging tray.
2. What are the exterior changes to the 2024 Taycan?
– The exterior design includes new front wings, flatter headlights, and a redesigned rear LED light bar with a glass look. There is also a new Turbonite hero color available for Turbo and Turbo S models.
3. What are the power upgrades for the 2024 Taycan?
– The top-tier Taycan Turbo S now has 700kW of power, allowing it to accelerate from 0-100km/h in 2.4 seconds. The entry-level Taycan also receives a power boost of 60kW, achieving a 0-100km/h time of 4.8 seconds.
4. How long does it take to charge the upgraded Taycan?
– The new 105kWh battery can reach an 80 percent state of charge in just 18 minutes.
5. When will the 2024 Porsche Taycan be available?
– The upgraded Taycan is expected to arrive in showrooms by mid-2024.
– Adaptive air suspension: A type of suspension system that uses electronic controls to adjust the stiffness of the suspension based on driving conditions.
– Battery pack: The collection of batteries used to power an electric vehicle.
– Apple CarPlay: A technology that allows iPhone users to integrate their device with the car’s infotainment system for navigation, entertainment, and communication.
– LED light bar: A strip of LED lights used as a taillight or brake light on a vehicle.
– Turbonite: A hero color option available for certain Porsche Taycan models.