Tata Motors is making waves at the 2023 Auto Expo with its latest offering – an electric version of its flagship SUV, the Harrier. This new electric model builds upon the design cues of the pre-facelift Harrier while harnessing the power of an electric powertrain.
While specific details about the underpinnings and batteries remain undisclosed, Tata has confirmed that the electric Harrier will utilize their new EV platform and boast an impressive range of approximately 500-550km. With this long-range capability, the electric Harrier aims to provide customers with the same presence, spaciousness, and features offered by its conventional counterpart but with a new-age motivation.
Furthermore, industry insiders speculate that the success of the electric Harrier could pave the way for a three-row electric vehicle in the future. Dubbed the Safari EV, this three-row variant is rumored to arrive around 2026, offering additional seating capacity and catering to the needs of larger families.
In addition to the electric Harrier, Tata is also showcasing the facelifted Safari at the Auto Expo. One notable highlight is the introduction of the Dark Edition, which features a striking full-black color scheme both inside and out. The Dark Edition is based on the top-of-the-line Accomplished variant and is equipped with the same powerful 2.0-liter diesel engine found in the Harrier. This engine generates an impressive 170bhp and 350Nm of torque and is paired with a smooth six-speed automatic transmission.
Safety is also a paramount concern for Tata, as demonstrated by the presence of a safety demonstration Safari at the Expo. The Safari, along with the Harrier, is constructed on Tata’s Omega-Arc platform, which incorporates front crumple zones for efficient crash energy management. Additionally, high-strength steel is utilized in the body structure to enhance vehicle safety. Both the Harrier and Safari are equipped with a comprehensive range of airbags, including frontal, side, curtain, and knee airbags.
All eyes are on Tata Motors as they continue to innovate and introduce electric mobility into their lineup. With the electric Harrier leading the charge, Tata is paving the way towards a sustainable and exciting future for the brand.
1. What is the latest offering by Tata Motors at the 2023 Auto Expo?
– Tata Motors is showcasing an electric version of its flagship SUV, the Harrier, at the 2023 Auto Expo.
2. How is the electric Harrier designed?
– The electric Harrier builds upon the design cues of the pre-facelift Harrier.
3. What kind of powertrain does the electric Harrier use?
– Tata has not disclosed specific details about the powertrain, but it uses their new EV platform.
4. What is the expected range of the electric Harrier?
– The electric Harrier will have an impressive range of approximately 500-550km.
5. Is Tata planning to launch a three-row electric vehicle in the future?
– Industry insiders speculate that Tata may introduce a three-row electric vehicle, called the Safari EV, around 2026.
6. What are the features of the facelifted Safari showcased at the Auto Expo?
– The facelifted Safari features a Dark Edition with a full-black color scheme. It is equipped with a powerful 2.0-liter diesel engine and a six-speed automatic transmission.
7. How does Tata prioritize safety in its vehicles?
– Tata vehicles, including the Harrier and Safari, are constructed on the Omega-Arc platform and incorporate front crumple zones for efficient crash energy management. High-strength steel is used in the body structure, and a comprehensive range of airbags is included for safety.
8. What is Tata’s goal with the electric Harrier?
– Tata Motors aims to innovate and introduce electric mobility into their lineup, leading towards a sustainable and exciting future for the brand.
– EV: Electric Vehicle refers to a vehicle that is powered by an electric motor rather than an internal combustion engine.
– Powertrain: Refers to the system that converts energy into mechanical power to propel a vehicle. In the case of an electric vehicle, it includes the electric motor, battery, and other components.
– Range: The distance an electric vehicle can travel on a single full charge or the amount of fuel it can hold.
– Omega-Arc platform: Tata’s platform for building vehicles, which incorporates front crumple zones for crash energy management.
– Dark Edition: A variant of a vehicle that features a full-black color scheme both inside and outside.
– Diesel engine: A type of internal combustion engine that uses diesel fuel to power the vehicle.
Note: The actual URL for the Tata Motors official website should be used if it is known.