Lamborghini, the renowned supercar manufacturer, has announced that their first-ever battery-electric vehicle will be named the Lamborghini Lanzador. Set to enter production in the second half of this decade, the Lanzador aims to prove that electric cars can be just as thrilling as their internal combustion engine counterparts.
Lamborghini’s global president and CEO, Stephan Winkelmann, emphasized the importance of maintaining the brand’s iconic nameplates when transitioning from concept to production. The Lanzador name, inspired by a fighting bull, perfectly embodies the brand’s Raging Bull identity and will be carried forward to the electric supercar.
While Winkelmann did not divulge specific details about the Lanzador, he did express a priority for the vehicle: showcasing the emotional appeal of electric cars. As other luxury automakers pivot towards all-electric offerings, Lamborghini has focused on hybridization, producing successful models like the Lamborghini Revuelto PHEV hypercar. Additionally, the brand has plans to release plug-in hybrid versions of the Urus SUV and the successor to the Huracan.
In 2023, Lamborghini achieved record-breaking sales of 10,112 vehicles, thanks to a passionate fanbase, an increase in young millionaires and billionaires, and the brand’s commitment to hybridization. Winkelmann explained that Lamborghini aims to be the best when it comes to electrification, rather than the first, ensuring they enter the market at the right time.
The Lanzador, characterized as an “Ultra GT,” will bridge the gap between the Urus SUV and their traditional two-seater supercars, featuring a 2+2 layout, a sleek coupe-like silhouette, and impressive ground clearance. With over 1000kW of power and a targeted range of 480km on a single charge, the Lanzador is set to deliver exceptional performance and range in the world of electric supercars.
As Lamborghini continues to innovate and adapt to changing market demands, the Lanzador represents an exciting leap forward in their electrification journey. With its striking design, cutting-edge technology, and powerful electric drivetrain, the Lanzador is poised to be a game-changer in the world of high-performance electric vehicles.
1. What is the name of Lamborghini’s first-ever battery-electric vehicle?
The first-ever battery-electric vehicle by Lamborghini will be named the Lamborghini Lanzador.
2. When will the Lanzador enter production?
The Lanzador is set to enter production in the second half of this decade.
3. What is the significance of the Lanzador name?
The Lanzador name is inspired by a fighting bull and embodies Lamborghini’s Raging Bull identity.
4. What is Lamborghini’s focus in terms of hybridization?
While other luxury automakers are pivoting towards all-electric offerings, Lamborghini has focused on hybridization. They have produced successful models like the Lamborghini Revuelto PHEV hypercar and have plans to release plug-in hybrid versions of the Urus SUV and the successor to the Huracan.
5. What is Lamborghini’s approach towards electrification?
Lamborghini aims to be the best in electrification rather than being the first, ensuring they enter the market at the right time.
6. How is the Lanzador described?
The Lanzador is characterized as an “Ultra GT” and will bridge the gap between the Urus SUV and Lamborghini’s traditional two-seater supercars. It will feature a 2+2 layout, a sleek coupe-like silhouette, and impressive ground clearance.
7. What are the key performance features of the Lanzador?
The Lanzador is expected to have over 1000kW of power and a targeted range of 480km on a single charge, showcasing exceptional performance and range in the world of electric supercars.
1. Battery-electric vehicle: A vehicle that relies solely on electric power stored in its battery for propulsion, without the use of any internal combustion engine.
2. Hybridization: The process of combining electric power with an internal combustion engine in a vehicle, allowing for improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
3. Ultra GT: A term used to describe a grand touring car with exceptional performance capabilities and luxury features.
Suggested related links:
– Lamborghini official website: link
– Lamborghini electrification news: link
– Lamborghini Urus SUV information: link
– Lamborghini Huracan information: link
– Lamborghini Revuelto PHEV hypercar: link